Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Cheer Bonus Pack



If you believe in Santa Claus—or wish you still did—check out this beautiful Christmas essay by Kerry Madden. (Kerry is the author of two wonderful young adult novels, Gentle's Holler and Louisiana's Song; her next, Jessie's Mountain, will be available on Valentine's Day, 2008.)

Ever wanted to write a novel, and wondered, "Just how does one do it?" Then skip on over to Libba Bray's blog. (Libba is the author of A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels; the final book of the trilogy, The Sweet Far Thing, will be released tomorrow. Libba has more comedic talent than the entire population of most small countries, and she's also an accomplished dramatic novelist, which means I would hate her if only I didn't admire her so damn much.)

More on my own adventures in novel-writing next week...for today, it's eggnog, calling family, lolling on the couch watching hours and hours of costume drama DVDs, and spending quality time with my sweetie (who gave me the most gorgeous earrings even though we agreed not to get each other anything, and I would be mad at him if only I didn't adore him so damn much.)

Merry Christmas to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!
I spent the day making remote fold-up insulated shades for the upper windows in our vaulted great room. I used king sized comforters, on sale at the Shopko Xmas eve, 49.99. This is a lovely present for Laura and me, and a big lump of coal for the propane company which won't be filling our tank nearly as often now.

Melissa Amateis said...

Sounds like a lovely day. We spent it in a similar way - just my daughter, my hubby, and I. We watched movies all afternoon, hubby took a nap, and I ate way too much!

Christine Fletcher said...

Walter -- Comforters for shades, that's brilliant! Christmas makes a great "project" day. I've done a few over the years, but this year I decided to be lazy.

Melissa -- I do love a quiet Christmas. Although I was sorry to miss out on the big family gathering...but holiday travel didn't work out this year, alas.